Saturday 24 October 2015

Sir Ken Robinson and Animated Education Video

3260 PID

This weekend at the conference I was at, someone had just seen this video for the first time and it had a real impact on him.  I remember the first time I saw it; recognizing it's a little dated now, I think it's still a great review about the overall state of education and why it is the way it is. It helps focus in on what is meant by education and ...
Who's interests are being served?  What systemic factors are contributing to the way we educate?  Whether we teach in primary or secondary or adult education... Teachers are dealing with the outcomes of this system, with all the myths, habits and special interests/biases inherent in the system.
And I liked the visuals!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDZFcDGpL4U

No comments:

Post a Comment