Saturday 21 November 2015

3260- Teaching Perspective Inventory

This is a wonderful exercise - I think it should be a course unto itself in any education/teaching program.  It was interesting and very useful teasing apart what I think I do when I'm teaching and what I'm actually doing.  
I scored high 30's and 40's for all perspectives. My dominant traits were Apprentice, Developmental. No surprise there.  Transmission and Nurturing was neutral ( I thought those would be dominant too) and Social reform was recessive.  That surprised me as in every health care course on anything that I've EVER taught, I've tried to impart how that particular content relates to not only the professional role but to the role as a citizen & human being in this city.
It occurred to me that this would be a useful tool for evaluations. Once  I have properly assessed and processed what all my scores mean in detail, I would like to discuss this with other  instructors to compare and see how it deconstructs for different teachers.

My inventory: http://www.teachingperspectives.com/tpi/tpisurveyresult.html?surveyid=81179

http://www.teachingperspectives.com/tpi/#/reflect-items#reflect-items


  • Transmission – Effective delivery of content 
  • Apprenticeship – Modelling ways of being
  • Developmental – Cultivating ways of thinking
  • Nurturing – Facilitating self-efficacy
  • Social Reform – Seeking a better society 
  • Pratt DD. Five Perspectives on Teaching in Adult and Higher Education Teaching Perspectives Inventory can be determine on line at www.teachingperspectives.com

No comments:

Post a Comment